1. Clothing . . . We recommend limiting your session to one change of clothing to allow us maximum shooting time. Of the two outfits, aim to have one casual and one more formal―this can be the easiest way to add variety to your shoot. When it comes to coordinating clothing, remember― you’re getting married, not becoming identical twins. To guys especially: try to avoid logos. Most importantly, love your clothing! If you’re comfortable, you’re confident.
3. Accessories . . . Hats, scarves, jackets, and jewelry are great ways to complete your look. Just be sure not to overdo it. Their purpose should be not to distract from your photos, but to enhance them.
2. Hair and Makeup . . . We encourage getting your hair and makeup professionally done to help you look your absolute best. While you’re at it, what the heck―why not get your nails done too? We’ll probably snag a few shots of the ring. :) Even if you’re comfortable doing hair and makeup yourself, steer toward a more natural look―we’re here to shoot you. For guys too, we have some advice. Getting your hair cut 2-3 weeks in advance will allow time for damage control. Don’t hesitate to try a new style, but do so beforehand to make sure it’s a look you love.
4. Props . . . Props are a fantastic way to personalize your engagement shoot. Whether it be hats, bikes, pets or even a picnic, such items are a great way to show us who you are as a couple. If you’re looking for something more traditional, however, know that props are entirely optional.
5. Location . . . We’d love for you to be involved in deciding the venue. Our aim is to find a location that comes across as an extension of who you are―maybe where you had a favorite date or first met. Here’s an example: If you both are avid movie-goers, let’s take our session to the Vali-Hi drive-in! If possible, try to visit the location beforehand, and check to see if we’ll need a permit―we don’t want any surprises the day of.
6. Session Time . . . The “golden hours” of photography are said to be at dusk and dawn. Having said this, we can schedule at almost any time of day to coordinate with your schedules. We rely on natural light for 90% of each session, so we recommend arriving 15 minutes early to avoid losing ideal light.
7. What to Bring . . . It’s as simple as this: less is more. If the weather permits, it’s probably best to leave any loose items in the car. If it’s a bit on the warmer side, you may want to bring a handkerchief to dab at any perspiring faces. Girls, think about a comfortable pair of walking shoes if you’ll be wearing heels. Oh yeah, one more thing: smiles.
8. Our Goal . . . This may seem like a lot to ask, but have no fear―these are only recommendations. Our goal is simple. We want to have a fun and relaxed session and capture you as a couple in the process.
Check out our engagement page to get a sense of what your images will look like. Thanks for reading and we can’t wait to work together!